Chipped teeth are a common dental concern that can impact a pretty broad range of people. When they occur, you may need treatment from Penny Creek Family and Implant Dentistry. Getting veneers in Mill Creek, WA, helps to protect your teeth and provides other benefits. Let Dr. Chad Slocum and Dr. Sara Lundgaard help you understand this problem and what you can do to manage it.
The Causes of Chipped Teeth
A chip in your tooth may be relatively small and consist of just a tiny hole in the enamel. However, smaller chips may develop into more significant troubles. In this situation, cavities and dental decay may be inevitable. Chipped teeth occur for many different reasons, including:
- Unbalanced Bite – Some people with an unbalanced bite (such as an overbite) may chip their teeth if they close their mouth quickly and cause impact damage.
- Eating Hard Foods – Hard food tends to crack in the mouth when you eat it. These cracks can cause chips to your teeth that may worsen into cavities.
- Impact Damage – Athletes or construction workers may experience chipped teeth when getting struck on the head by a heavy object.
- Poor Dental Hygiene and Bruxism – Bad dental hygiene combined with teeth grinding (bruxism) may chip your teeth and expose them to wear and tear damage.
Chipped teeth may be fixed in a variety of ways. For example, minor chips may be buffed away by your dental professional. However, dental veneers in Mill Creek, WA, provide a hard shell that protects your teeth from further chipping and cavities. They have many other benefits as well.
Other Ways a Veneer Can Help
A veneer does more than cover the chips in your teeth. It can also provide a myriad of aesthetic and health advantages when adequately maintained. A few of these advantages include:
- Improvement in your teeth's appearance by minimizing signs of damage
- Quick whitening of your teeth that helps them look better
- Long-lasting design that will stay on your teeth for many years
- Decreased risk of oral decay due to the protective veneer
- Simple maintenance that requires only your standard dental care steps
- Fast installation speed, usually finishing up in just two visits
Don't Let Your Teeth Stay Damage
Penny Creek Family and Implant Dentistry can provide veneers in Mill Creek, WA, that will help fix your chipped teeth. When you call us at (425) 337-7300, you can set up an appointment with Dr. Slocum and Dr. Lundgaard that will work well for your needs. Reach out to us today to set up an appointment or learn more about other treatment options that may work for you.