Questions To Ask Before Getting A Crown
It is always good to be prepared before you have any dental or medical procedure. Make sure that you are informed and know what to expect to make you as comfortable as possible. We recommend that you have a list of questions with you to ask us during your consultation. If we inform you that you need a crown, consider asking any or all of the following questions:
- Am I a good candidate for a crown?
- Can you do a computer-generated mock-up of my new smile with crowns? (This question is only applicable if the crown is for a front or visible tooth.)
- Is there a way that I can “test-drive” my new smile and crown(s) before making them permanent?
- How long will the entire process take from my first appointment through completion?
- What are the risks, benefits and alternatives associated with the type of crown(s) you are recommending?
- Is there any discomfort associated with crown procedures?
- Will I need or receive any type of sedation when you prepare (drill) the tooth or teeth for a crown?
- Is what you are recommending commonly done?
- Can you show me some before and after photos of cases that you have done?
- How much will my crown(s) cost?
- Will my insurance cover all or a portion of the cost?
- How long can I expect my crown(s) to last?
- Will there be any maintenance required with my crown(s)?