The Importance Of Preventive Care
The purpose of preventive oral care is to keep your teeth and gums healthy throughout your life. Dr. Chad Slocum and Dr. Sara Lundgaard are dentists at Penny Creek Family & Implant Dentistry in Mill Creek, WA. He can give you tips on how you and your family can practice healthy oral hygiene.
Preventive Dentistry Explained
Preventive dental care begins at home. It means developing good oral hygiene habits that begin in early childhood and continue throughout the rest of your life. Such as:
- Brushing your teeth twice each day for two minutes each time
- Using a quality soft-bristled toothbrush with an angled head
- Flossing daily after brushing, with string floss or a water flosser
- Using mouthwash to freshen breath and kill remaining bacteria
An important part of preventive dental care happens at your dentist’s office. You should make a dental visit every six months. Preventive dentistry services include:
- Examination of your teeth and gums
- Routine x-rays
- Scaling and polishing your teeth
- Checking your jawbone for problems
The Benefits of Preventive Dentistry
Not only does preventive dentistry lover your risk for developing serious dental problems such as gum disease, but it also helps promote good oral hygiene habits.
If you live in Mill Creek, call (425) 337-7300 talk to Dr. Slocum about preventive care and all your family dentistry needs. He will be happy to schedule appointments for you and your family.