Would Invisalign Work for Me?
Have you seen commercials or ads for Invisalign but aren't sure if it's a good choice for you? Dr. Chad Slocum and Dr. Sara Lundgaard at Penny Creek Family & Implant Dentistry in Mill Creek, WA, can help you decide if you're a good candidate for the innovative orthodontic treatment method.
How does Invisalign work?
Straightening your teeth doesn't have to involve metal braces and wires. The Invisalign system realigns your teeth using clear, removable aligner trays instead. You'll be given a series of aligner trays by your Mill Creek, WA, dentist and wear each tray in the series for about two weeks. Individual trays are designed to accomplish very specific straightening goals and must be worn in order.
Constant pressure is the key to any orthodontic system, including Invisalign. The trays exert gentle pressure needed to improve the position of your teeth.
Is Invisalign right for me?
Invisalign may be a good choice for you if:
- You don't like the appearance of traditional braces: Metal braces are an effective orthodontic option, but they're certainly not very discreet. Clear Invisalign aligner trays are designed to be virtually invisible.
- Your teeth are crooked or overlap: Invisalign treatment slowly realigns your smile, straightening crooked teeth and eliminating overlapping areas.
- You have a bite problem: Invisalign effectively treats the same bite problems that can be corrected with metal or ceramic braces. If you have an open bite, crossbite, underbite or overbite, the system will probably be a good choice for you. Although Invisalign is ideal for mild to moderate bite problems, your Mill Creek, WA, dentist may recommend metal braces if you have a complicated bite problem.
- Your teeth have shifted as you've gotten older: Invisalign treatment isn't just for teenagers. In fact, it's an excellent option at any age. Shifting teeth are a completely normal part of aging, although the change may not be welcome. Luckily, Invisalign treatment can improve your appearance.
- You don't want to spend 10 minutes brushing your teeth: Brushing and flossing are complicated when you wear metal or ceramic braces. You must carefully navigate around and under wires to avoid breaking them, which can be a time-consuming task. If you choose Invisalign, you'll remove your trays, then brush and floss normally.
Straighten your smile with Invisalign! Call your Mill Creek, WA, dentists, Dr. Slocum and Dr. Lundgaard, at (425) 337-7300 to schedule an appointment today!